Saturday, May 5, 2007

AA or the Highway?

I was just on my myspace page this morning, and, because I note on my page that I am in recovery, I got following advertisement:



AA is a dangerous cult.

Don't meet with drunks or junkies. Break free. Learn AVRT® and quit.

rationalrecovery.net






I have to say that my first reaction was pretty negative, and that I should do something about this. Then, I remembered that we in AA don't claim a monopoly on recovery. We don't claim that AA is for everybody and we don't say it's the only way to stop drinking. In fact, our literature suggests that we take the opposite attitude in regards to other successes:



"If anyone who is showing inability to control his drinking can do the right about face and drink like a gentleman, our hats are off to him."



So, if rational recovery works for you, good on ya. If it doesn't work for you, we've got something you might want to try.



Peace.





Powered by ScribeFire.

4 comments:

Trudging said...

I always just let those people have their say. If it works for them, great. But, A.A. works for me and that is ALL I care about.

Anonymous said...

Brainwashed or what.!

Anonymous said...

Dont forget Bill favorite step.The 13th step taking all the pretty young tarts to bed.Bills favorite past time.!He treated his wife like dirt.

pamela said...

Their 12 steps added more guilt to the over whelming guilt I was already feeling and if there was a Higher Power, surely it wouldn't have let things get to this stage in the first place?...so many questions, so few answers.
alcohol rehab clinic Indianapolis