Wednesday, December 19, 2007

It's Good to Have a Sponsor

I was at a step meeting tonight, and the topic was the eighth step. After reading the chapter from the 12&12, I shared a bit. It went something like this: "Blah blah blah. Funny anecdote or two.... I haven't looked at my list in a long time. I'm not even sure I know where it is. Frankly, I don't even know whether I'm halfway through or not. Therefore, I don't know whether I should be amazed yet! So, uh, thanks for letting me share."

At that point, my sponsor leaned over so that he could see around the two or three people that separated us and said, in good nature, yet bluntly, "Find the list."

I take that as Good Orderly Direction. It's time to dig up the list and finish up my amends. I'm pretty sure that after eleven years of sobriety, I ought to be able to make some more amends!

No comments: