Monday, April 30, 2007

Hello World

Good evening to all (which, I presume, at this point means nobody). I'm starting this blog to share my recovery related thoughts. To get the general info out of the way, I'm 27 years old, my sobriety date is October 5, 1996. I owe my sobriety to the great fellowship of Alcoholics Anonymous.

I used to keep a journal on my computer as part of my 10th step, and email it to my sponsor almost every night. Now, I have to say that I haven't done that in a good 6 or 7 years. I found, through the process of writing on a daily basis, that I was forced to pay attention to my sobriety; to my actions in sobriety, my feelings, my spiritual place, etc...

When I would skip a day journaling, I would feel like I was lost. I remember thinking that it felt kind of the same as when I finally got into praying every day, I felt lost if I didn't pray on a particular day. It's funny. I could remember thinking that I never want to go a day without praying, or a day without journaling. And, here I am, 10+ years sober, and only rarely journaling, or doing a real tenth step. I have had somewhat of a lack of motivation to start my days with prayer and meditation as well.

Anyway, one day at a time, my goal is to write to this blog nearly daily. Not so much because many people really care about what I have to say, but more because it's a device for me to continue thinking about my program on a daily basis. As you'll see in future posts, I'm a married man, in a professional career, and I just don't get to a meeting every day. At this point, I try to hit about 4 a week, and usually end up hitting 3. So, I need now more than ever to make sure I'm doing this deal on a daily basis. And, in the process, if anybody ever finds their way over to this blog, I'll have some accountability - like, "hey, buddy, where's your post today?!"

Good times, God bless!


Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments: