Monday, April 30, 2007

Conference Soon!

I just wanted to say that I'm looking forward very much to going to Cook Forest (or "C4S", as people like to say) in a couple of weeks. I've been to two so far, and they have been great experiences.

The last C4S I went to was last September. After my sponsor had been riding me for about a year to do another 4th step inventory - this time following the format of the twelve and twelve - this conference gave me the quiet time and serenity to make a good beginning and finish up strongly in time to do a 5th step around the time I celebrated my 10 year anniversary.

Sometimes, I just need to get away from everything to get all of that chatter and busy-ness out of my head. That's not the first time getting back to nature has helped to remind me of who - and what - I really am.



Powered by ScribeFire.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is there a website for the conference? I can't find anything online. Thanks

soberlogger said...

Hey, thanks for checking in.

here's a website for Cook Forest. It doesn't have much information, but it does have a contact number listed for the conference (weekend of may 18-20)

http://www.cookforest.org/events/2004.htm