Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Morning Meditation Checkpoint

As I said in an earlier post, I haven't spent very many mornings lately in prayer and meditation. This morning, I started back up again, reading from the 24 Hour a Day book. Today's reading reminded me of something Chuck C. says in A New Pair of Glasses. He said, "We think, and ourselves become, the thing we think about."

I don't have a lot of time this morning to flesh that out, but it just reminded me of that principle from the eleventh step in the twelve and twelve that we try to envision what our life would be like if we were able to live up to our ideals. It's quite encouraging, and gives me some motivation to continue on the path and keep doing not only the right thing, but also doing the things that make me better: e.g., prayer and meditation.

Ah well. I wish I had more time this morning, but, thanks to God and this great program of ours, I actually have a career today that must be tended to. Good luck and good times.

Powered by ScribeFire.

3 comments:

Trudging said...

Hey Maryland buddy, thank you for stopping by my Blog.

dAAve said...

Welcome from Texas.

Recovery Road London said...

Welcome and greetings from London, England.

:-)